The Three Essential Domains of Experience
- The Body domain involves your felt experience including body sensations, sensory experiences, brain chemistry and emotions. Integrating the body helps you become more comfortable "in your own skin" which can lead to being more relaxed and open in any and all situations. Some of the methodologies I often use with you to explore the body domain are Somatic Experiencing, EMDR, EFT, and Learning Styles. I also inquire into your felt experience and introduce various props like pillows, balls and rocks. I also use body-oriented therapies such as sand tray, art therapy and music, role playing scenarios and posturing.
- The Mind domain includes your analytical understanding, beliefs and identifications, inner narratives, thoughts, and other mental phenomena that you may be unaware of. Integrating the mind helps you understand what may be influencing your current experience and shaping your actions and behaviors. This exploration could lead to greater freedom and expanded understanding. Some of the methodologies I often use to explore the mind domain are Transpersonal Psychology, EMDR, EFT, and Learning Styles. You and I will also explore your old belief systems, patterns from your childhood and self-identifications. I have found that exploring the inner critic and your inner child are also valuable tools in understanding how your mind functions.
- The Spirit domain encompasses your presence, life force, dynamism, awareness and your broader spiritual perspective. Exploring the spirit domain helps you to understand the larger picture of who you are. This exploration could sharpen your awareness and help you sense your own spiritual presence or your soul. The methodologies I use involving the spirit are Transpersonal Psychology, inquiry into your spiritual experience, direct knowing exercises, contemplation and self-reflection. I also incorporate meditation with emphasis on presence, development of awareness, deeper exploration of spiritual beliefs, prayer and mantras. Exploring states of consciousness along with mindfulness practices are also helpful. For further explorations, we can inquire with crystal energies, animal totems and dream work.
Possible Benefits of an Integrated ApproachBy integrating all three of these vital domains in your work with me, you’ll have the potential to:
- transform your experience by understanding how your body, mind and spirit function together
- free your voice and open your heart
- experience richer and deeper sensations and emotions
- shift from unconscious to conscious knowing
- break free from negative thoughts and behavioral patterns
- learn how to accept and love who you are
- develop your awareness and reconnect with your intuition
- transform trapped energy from traumatic experiences from anxiety to aliveness